Dear Parents and Carers
If it takes a village to raise a child, we’ve lost the village while we are confined to our homes. Some kids are thriving, some are coping and some are struggling – and perhaps the same could be said of the parents.
The holidays are here and undoubtedly you and your children will be looking forward to some greater flexibility to enjoy the sunshine and some time outdoors - and perhaps a lessening of the usual routines of the term.
Enjoy the holidays – and thank you for the time and dedication and work that you have invested in Remote Learning.
For those of you who have children in Foundation to Year 2, we look forward to seeing them on site from October 12. For those with older children, here’s hoping we will have the opportunity for face to face learning later in the term.
At this stage the advice is that the criteria for onsite supervision in Week 1 Term 4 will be the same as the current conditions -
- students where both parents / guardians / carers are Permitted workers (permitted worker permits required)
- single parent / guardian / carer families, the parent / guardian / carer with whom the student resides must have a Permit
- vulnerable students as determined by the Principal
The link to regsiter your child for onsite supervision in Week 1 of term 4 will be emailed out on Wednesday 30 September. We then ask it is completed by Friday 2 October so we can finalise staffing. All parents who advise they are permitted workers will need to provide the school with an updated permit to send their child(ren) to school. Students may only attend for the times and days stated in a Permit, where applicable.
Stay safe everyone
Monday 5 October Remote Learning Resumes for F – Year 6 students
Monday 12 October F – 2 Students onsite Learning and Years 3 – 6 students Remote Learning
Friday 23 October Public Holiday - Grand Final Eve
Monday 2 November School Closure – no students at school; no remote learning; Camp Australia will NOT be providing care on this day
Tuesday 3 November Public Holiday – Melbourne Cup Day
Wednesday 16 December Final day of 2020 School Year for students
Do you now have a Pension or Health Care Card?
For many families their financial situation has changed over this year. If you know have a Pension or Health Care Card please advise us so we can apply for funding through the Victorian Government's Camps Sports and Excursion Fund (CSEF). This will inturn allow us to apply a fee assistance credit to your account.
|Friday 18 September||Last Day of Term 3|
|Monday 5 October||First Day of Term 4|
|Monday 12 October||Foundation to Year 2 return to Onsite School|
|Friday 23 October||
|Monday 2 November||
|Tuesday 3 November||
Melbourne Cup Day
SCHOOL FEES - If your situation has changed meaning you now have a pension or health care card please let us know at the office or email email@example.com
Families who have concerns about their financial situation are asked to contact the school via email firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can explore confidential financial support arrangements.
VISITORS TO SCHOOL - For the safety of all, visitors to the school are being kept to a minimum and entrance to the office is only when essential. Please contact the office on 5940 6777 if you have any queries or require assistance.
EARLY PICK FROM SCHOOL - For those students who are being supervised at school, should they need to be collected early we ask that parents ring the school once they have arrived at school to collect the child. We will then arrange to bring the child out to you in the "kiss and drop zone".
· Parent supervision is required when students are online at home.
· Students must be dressed appropriately at all times during a Google Meet. No pyjamas please.
· The Google Meet session is set up for connection of Learning Groups. Parents are asked not to interrupt a Google Meet session and to respect the privacy of all students at all times.
· Students click on the Google Meet link to join a meeting, they must ensure their microphone symbol is kept on mute to avoid ‘feedback’ during the Meet. If a student would like to speak, they need to raise their hand and wait for their teacher to call their name before they click on the microphone symbol to turn the speaker on and click on the microphone symbol to turn the speaker off.
· The link to the Google Meet must not be shared with other students and there is to be NO recording of the Google Meet or any uploading to social media.
· To leave the Google Meet the student must click on the telephone symbol.
· The teacher will wait for all students to leave the Google Meet to ensure the session has ended and no students are left in the online space.