Child Safety Policies
St Clare's Primary School has a strong commitment to the care, safety and wellbeing of all students at our school. The policies below contain procedures and strategies developed to keep students safe from harm, including all forms of abuse in our school environment, on campus, online and in other locations provided by the school.
St Clare's Child Safety Officers:
Helen Staindl - Principal
David Gulavin - Learning Adjustment Leader
Phone 03 5940 6777 or 0484 844 840 to make an appointment
- Child Safe Standard 1– Establish a culturally safe environment in which the diverse and unique identities and experiences of Aboriginal children and young people are respected and valued.
- Child Safe Standard 2– Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Child Safe Standard 3– Children and young people are empowered about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Child Safe Standard 4– Families and communities are informed, and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Child Safe Standard 5– Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- Child Safe Standard 6 – People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Child Safe Standard 7– Processes for complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Child Safe Standard 8– Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Child Safe Standard 9– Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Child Safe Standard 10– Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Child Safety Standard 11– Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.
St Clare's Child Safety Policies
If you would like a copy of any of our Policies translated into your prefered language please contact the school office.